“Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.” - Plato
Accelerated Literacy Learning strives to provide professional development and support for teachers, teacher leaders, coaches and administrators. We achieve our professional development goals by...
- Fostering professional habits of mind across the learning community
- Increasing content knowledge and pedagogy among staff and administrators
- Creating opportunities for participants to develop new instructional skills
- Assisting teachers in using student performance data to differentiate instruction based on the needs of individual students
- Using embedded assessments on a regular basis, and look at samples of student work as a foundation for planning and designing literacy curriculum
- Increasing student achievement and the percentage of students performing at or above grade level
- Improving literacy learning to enable students in grades K-12 to meet National Performance Standards and National Learning Standards in English language arts
- Demonstrating and model exemplary research-based practice incorporating the underlying theory of balanced literacy
- Providing opportunities for reflection and collegial feedback to improve instruction
The professional development that A.L.L. provides focuses on the process that has students define the elements of a genre that guides their drafting, revising, editing and publishing, not the product however it is important that the product reflect the process. These student samples illustrate the process, as well as the product.
A.L.L. works nationwide and continues to receive high praise from administrators and district leaders. Here is what educators have to say…
A.L.L. works nationwide and continues to receive high praise from teachers and coaches. Here is what educators have to say…
Accelerated Literacy Learning Video Gallery
Accelerated Literacy Learning Picture Gallery
Our A.L.L. Institutes and Workshops
Books and publications by A.L.L. Consultants
Our consultants have numerous publications and books available, here's a sample of what is available.