Accelerated Literacy Learning (A.L.L.) is a company owned and directed by Susan Radley Brown that provides professional development using a program of balanced literacy reading and writing curriculum to improve instructional practice and instructional leadership in school districts across the country. A.L.L. partners with school districts to implement a customized curriculum using a content based coaching model.
What We Provide
- A.L.L. Reading and Writing units of study K-12
- Planning sessions that help teachers and coaches understand how to use the A.L.L. units of study as a tool to design a sequence of lessons that meet the learning needs of their students and are aligned with the common core state standards.
- Ways to develop curriculum and assess student achievement with the guidance of their A.L.L. consultant in order to create teacher and coach independence
- Tools for administrators to recognize, promote, and support effective literacy instruction
- Work closely in collaboration with instructional content specialists, teachers, school leaders and administrators at each site to assess teachers' needs and analyze student performance data
- Support schools and learning communities by delivering professional development that differentiates learning for teachers, based on where they are in their practice
- Provide opportunities for staff to hone their practice as they observe and participate in discussions and conferences as part of the peer coaching process
What We Offer
- Onsite professional development where A.L.L. consultants work with teachers one on one and in grade level bands to plan, model and debrief a sequence of lessons
- Literacy Institutes - Beginning and Advanced and Workshops, customized to the needs of school/ district
- Coach/Lead Teacher Study Groups/Seminars where teachers hone their coaching practices and skills as they plan collaboratively, share experiences, and reflect on their work.